In the era of globalization, companies must carry out their digital transformation in order to be more agile. This approach linked to agility is difficult to implement and requires an industrialization of IT services. ITIL 4 gives you the keys to make this approach a success. The services value chain (SVC) allows you to structure your activities in value streams that produce results. Practices are the key to the industrial approach, without constantly reinventing the wheel.
This intensive three-day course is specially designed for managers, supervisors, team leaders, consultants and information systems operators. It allows participants to understand the challenges and consequences in terms of IT service management, which are considered to be essential vectors for creating value for Organizations.
The session ITIL® 4 Foundation (Peoplecert) is mainly intended for teams in charge of IT service management and more specifically for the following functions:
- Operations managers,
- project managers,
- quality experts
- and more generally anyone wishing to master the concepts of ITIL 4.
The ITIL 4 Foundation certificate is the mandatory entry point for everybody interested in obtaining the ITIL 4 Managing Professional or the ITIL 4 Strategist certificate.
There are no mandatory prerequisites to follow this training and pass the certification. It is however preferable that the participant is familiar with the technical terms related to IT jobs in general.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will:
- Understand the holistic approach to co-creating value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services.
- Identify the guiding principles of ITIL 4.
- Acquire the four dimensions of service management.
- Understand the Key Concepts of Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and why they are important to enable the creation of operational value.
- Understand how the practices described in ITIL 4 help maintain value.
- Identify the importance provided by current processes while widening their integration to different areas of service management.
- Prepare, review and acquire tips and tricks to pass the official ITIL 4 Foundation exam.
- Be able to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation certification and become ITIL 4 Foundation Certified.
Welcome & Introduction
Introduction and general concepts
- Value and co-creation
- Products and services, configuration of resources to create Value
- Service providers, consumers and other stakeholders
- Results, costs and risks, utility and guarantee
- The service relationship model
The 4 dimensions of service management
- Organizations and people
- Information and technologies
- Partners and suppliers
- The value chain and processes
The 7 principles of service management
- Focus on Value
- Start from where we are
- Progress through iterations with feedback
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep it simple and practical
- Optimize and automate
- Governance and organizations
- Governance in the service value chain
The Service Value Chain (SVC)
- Design & transition
- Acquire / Build
- Deliver & Support
ITIL 4 practices
- General practices
- Service management practices
- Technical practices
- The continuous improvement model
- Guiding principles
Preparation for certification
Closing and questions
The official ITIL 4 Foundation exam is included in our training package.
The exam can take place in paper format or online at the end of the training and be supervised by the trainer. The result is communicated to the candidate immediately at the end of the test.
The exam can also be administered online after course – In such a case, a voucher is provided at course completion
The exam is designed to test the learner’s knowledge of the ITIL 4 framework as opposed to memorization and tied to the learning objectives of the course. The exam format will include:
- 40 questions
- Multiple choice
- 60 minutes
- One correct answer for each question, using four choices (A, B, C or D)
- Pass rate is 65% or higher
The exam is available in English and others languages, including French.
The ITIL 4 Foundation certificate is prerequisite for all other ITIL 4 exams including the ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategist.
CISA® - CISM® - CGEIT® - COBIT® - ISO 27001 - ITIL® - PRINCE2® - RESILIA® - VeriSM™ - ISO 20000 - DevOps
The following terms and conditions apply for bookings :
- the session is led by a trainer accredited by AXELOS/Peoplecert on the ITIL 4 domain,
- personalized welcome in the classroom with mineral water and breaks ,
- accredited training material,
- the offical ITIL 4 publication: ITIL 4 Foundation (electronic document),
- exam preparation,
- a group of 10 participants max. in order to ensure the quality of the training delivery.
Course fees must be paid at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course in order to guarantee your place. We accept payment by Direct Debit, credit cards, paypal or bank transfers. Payment made by credit card will incur the following charges – MasterCard (1.5%), Visa (1.5%) American Express (3.0%).